Tuition, Fees, & Refunds
Certificate Seeker Programs
$1.85 per hour
A payment plan can be established for your convenience. This plan represents a contract equal to the total estimated cost to enroll in and complete your chosen certificate/credential. The amount is based on an estimated total cost for tuition and fees for the chosen credential and generally does not include the cost of any textbooks or other educational supplies or materials.
The first Payment Plan payment is due at the time of initial enrollment with each subsequent payment being due on the 1st day of each month thereafter.
Please see the individual program pages for a breakdown of tuition and fees specific to your program of interest.
Facts Pertaining to Tuition:
Tuition is established by the Utah College of Applied Technology (UCAT) Board, which is based on a per clock hour fee. Books, fees, tools, and/or supplies vary according to the program. Program faculty can provide students’ additional expenses such as books, tools, uniforms, and/or licensure exams.
- Schedule change fee - $10. This is to be assessed for any student-initiated schedule changes including leave of absences.
- Late payment fee - $10. The first Payment Plan payment is due at the time of initial enrollment with each subsequent payment being due on the 1st day of each month thereafter. Interest or late fees may be charged and you may be placed on academic hold if payments are not made by the 10th of each month.
- Late registration fee - $25. For short-term students registering after the first class, a late registration fee may be assessed.
- Please see the current class schedule for evening and online tuition and fees.
- Re-Enrollment Fee - $50. Students without a Leave of Absence who have 10 consecutive absences will be charged a $50 re-enrollment fee. This fee does not apply to defined courses or high school students.
- Duplicate student identification cards - $3.
- A non-refundable $50 background check fee is required where applicable.
- Each course within a program has an associated clock-hour value (e.g., 30 hours, 60 hours, 90 hours, etc.). BATC utilizes a competency based system where students can progress at varied rates. However, courses that are not successfully completed in 115% of the established clock hours will need to be repeated and/or repaid with all associated charges. For example, if you are registered for a 60-hour course, you will have 69 hours to complete it. Students are encouraged to monitor their course progress for a timely completion just as they would monitor a project in a work environment with a specified deadline.
- See individual catalog/Web pages of particular programs for specific fee information.
Tuition Refund Policy:
Certificate Seeker Programs: Students enrolling in regular open-entry/open-exit programs where tuition and fees have been collected prior to the first day of class will receive a refund as follows. If the student withdraws from the program by the 10th day following the entry date of the program, the student will receive a 100 percent refund. If the student chooses to withdraw after the 10th calendar day following the entry date of the program, no refund will be granted.
Short-Term Courses: Refunds for classes and programs that operate with a fixed beginning and ending date, and for which a flat tuition rate is charged in advance, will be made as follows: 100 percent will be refunded up to five working days after the first scheduled class, and none thereafter. For courses whose lengths are less than five days, 100 percent will be refunded prior to the beginning of class and none thereafter. Note: Refund checks may take two or three weeks for processing.
Refunds for Students Who Withdraw on or before the First Day of Class: If tuition and fees are collected in advance of the start day of classes and the student does not begin classes or withdraws on the first day of classes, not more than $100 of the tuition and fees will be retained by the institution. Refunds for a student who does not begin classes shall be made within 30 days of the class start date.
Refunds for Classes or Programs Canceled by the Institution: 100 percent of the tuition and fees that are collected in advance of the start date of a class or program will be refunded within 30 days of the planned start date if the class or program is canceled by the institution.
Refunds for Students Enrolled Prior to Visiting the Institution: Students who have not visited UCAT Campuses prior to enrollment will have the opportunity to withdraw without penalty within three days following attendance at a regularly scheduled orientation or following a tour of the facilities and inspection of the equipment.