Scholarship recipients may be required to maintain standards of progress and attendance. For more information see the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for Scholarship Recipients.
High School Seniors:
Scholarships posted here are for our high school seniors who will graduate from high school in 2017.
- BATC's Summer Free Start Scholarship is awarded to graduating high school seniors in the Utah Bear River Region who are looking to complete a BATC certificate they have already been enrolled in as a high school senior and other seniors who are planning on attending BATC for the first time after graduation. This scholarship waives tuition up to $500 for enrollment in an eligible certificate program beginning in June, July, August, or September immediately following the student’s graduation from high school.
- This scholarship is available to a current high school senior who will graduate from a high school in Cache Valley in the spring of 2017 who is either expecting a child or has a child for whom she will provide care. The recipient of the BATC & Graciela Botello My Young Mother Scholarship must be nominated for this award, begin training within one year of high school graduation, and be committed to improving circumstance through education and employment.
- Demonstrating quality job skills, attention to detail, and an eye for what looks good and what does not, are characteristics worthy of the David Wayne Warner Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship may be awarded to a student enrolled in a construction-related certificate program at BATC following graduation from high school. Applicants not enrolled at BATC during high school may also be considered. Recipient will be selected on the basis of construction-related merit and financial need.
- The BTC Scholarship (for adult students) is available to students currently enrolled in a Bridgerland Technical College certificate program or to students who have completed admissions and have a confirmed start date. This award waives tuition up to $1,000. Recipients selected on the basis of both merit and need.
- The Gene Haas Scholarship is available to current BATC CNC Machining program students, as well as incoming students with a confirmed start date in that program. An initial award may be assigned and the scholarship may be renewed on a course by course basis to recipients demonstrating completion of courses at a motivated rate.
- Rotary is a worldwide organization of business and professional leaders that provides humanitarian service, encourages high ethical standards in all vocations, and helps build goodwill and peace in the world. The Rotary Club of Logan is sponsoring the Logan Rotary Club Scholarship. This scholarship may provide assistance with tuition and bookstore expenses for students enrolled in BATC’s certificate programs at the Logan Campus. Recipients selected on basis of merit and need.
- The Utah Trucking Association is offering a scholarship through the generosity of funds contributed by the Southern Utah Trucking Association. The desire is to give back to the community by helping high school seniors and adult students further their education. Qualifying students must be enrolled in or working towards an education in a trucking industry related field by fall of 2017. Awards between $100 to $1500 may be available to assist students with tuition, fees, or other program costs.
- The BATC Foundation Scholarship is available to students who demonstrate a clear educational plan and employment goals. Both merit and need will be considered with emphasis given to instructor’s comments and the applicant’s use of his/her BATC experience. Funds may be used toward expenses incurred at BATC that are directly related to the student’s successful completion of his or her certificate program.
- The Cache Chamber of Commerce Women in Business and BATC invite female students residing in Cache Valley to apply for this scholarship. Assisting professional women by providing networking and professional development opportunities, Women in Business offers this scholarship to students currently enrolled in a BATC certificate program and to those who have completed admissions by the application deadline and are scheduled to begin training by the fall. Fill-in application or more information available on the Women in Business website at http://wib/usu/edu.
Other scholarships/waivers for adult students may also be available throughout the year. Students are encouraged to check back here just prior to and throughout their enrollment for scholarship opportunities. Paper applications and information are also available at the Financial Aid Office.
External Scholarships may be available to high school seniors and adult college students from sources not affiliated with BATC. Application processing, recipient selection, prize awarding and scholarship terms are the sole discression and responsbility of the company or organization offering the award. Should you choose to participate any agreements, commitments or contracts are between the applicant and the company or organization and in no way involve BATC. External Scholarship application information is posted here only as a courtesy. You should not have to pay a fee for any scholarship application. If you are asked to pay a fee in association with any of the scholarships posted here, it is recommened you terminate the application and notify the BATC Financial Aid office. Any questions, suggestions, complaints, comments, or appreciations should be directed to the company or organization offering the award.