An Assessment is implemented to determine if the potential student needs additional instruction to succeed in their chosen program.Individuals 16 years old and older are eligible for services. Assessments and counseling are available Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please call ahead for an appointment (or online scheduling is now available for some testing for Logan appointments, see below), which can be made at both the Logan Main Campus (435-750-3188) and Brigham City Campus (435-734-0623) . Photo identification is required. See the individual program pages available here for specific requirements. Phones, calculators, food, and drink are not allowed in the Assessment Center. If calculators are allowed for your assessment, one will be provided. For best results, please utilize the Study Guides link below.
Phone: (435) 750-3188
Fax: (435) 750-3046
Assessment for Program AdmittanceStep 1: Fill out the Admission Form.
Step 2: Schedule an appointment.
Schedule a Testing Appointment
For Brigham appointments call (435) 734-0614.
**You will receive an email confirmation after you schedule an appointment. If you do not receive a confirmation within one business day, please email the testing center (email@example.com).**
Step 3: Use the Study Guides to prepare for your assessment.
GED TestingThe Assessment Center has been designated as a General Education Development (GED) testing site. The GED test allows individuals to obtain a high school equivalency certificate.
The cost to take the GED in its entirety is $120. If you need to retake a section(s) you will pay for the individual section at $30 each. To get started...
- Go to GED.com
- Enter your email address and password (Need an email? Create one at gmail.com, yahoo.com, or hotmail.com)
- Select the Terms and Conditions box
- Click Sign Up
- Enter your personal information
- Select the state ot test in
- Select whether you're currently enrolled in high school
- Select whether you need accomodations for your test and fill out additional information if so
- A GED Preparation Course is available. Course information is available in the Class Schedule or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 750-3238.
CNA State Skills & Written TestingThe State CNA test schedule fills up very quickly. We are generally booked a month in advance. There are cancellations on occasion that would allow you to get in for testing sooner.
Please complete before scheduling your appointment: Contact Form
Online Scheduling Available! Click here:
Schedule a Testing Appointment
- You MUST bring your voucher and a valid photo ID. Same photo ID for all CNA testing. Acceptable IDs include: current valid driver license; a driving learners permit; an identification card issued by the state, a branch, department, or agency of the United States.
- You MUST know your social security number.
- If your name has changed, please bring proof of the change such as a marriage license.
- Come dressed like you’re going to work: Scrubs, closed-toe shoes, hair pulled back (if at the shoulders or below). Wear a watch with second monitoring. NO dangling jewelry.
- If you do not show up for your appointment without a phone call to notify the testing center there may be a $15 charge.
- You may use a calculator which the testing center will provide.
- Bring your own stethoscope
Finals for Online CoursesYour course syllabus should have all the information about taking your final. You must take the test before your registration period expires.
Police Academy NPOST TestingTesting for the Police Academy is available April 1st - October 1st. On occasion it can be administered to Law Enforcement applicants during the rest of the year. It takes approximately two weeks to receive your scores. The cost is $35.
A minimum score of 70% is required in each section to pass the test. You may not retest individual areas; the test must be taken in its entirety. In addition, please note the following stipulations of the test:
- You may not retest on the same form of the test until 60 days have passed since your first administration. Also, you may only test twice on the same form within a 12-month period.
- If you wish to retest sooner, there are alternate forms of the test available. The forms available are Forms A, B, and C. You may retest at any time after your original test on an alternate form.
- Please note that the same retest guidelines apply to each form of the examination—60 days before retesting on the same form and only twice per calendar year on the same form.
Pearson VUEREGISTER ONLINE: www.pearsonvue.com, you will schedule the exam through their Web site. If you are a BATC Information Technology student, you can purchase a test voucher in Student Services.
Pearson Professional Centers utilize a patent-winning design, which was created specifically for high-stakes testing and offers a carefully controlled, consistent testing environment.